Contents of Records
Archive » Help » Contents of Records
Each record contains
- one or more parts — each part is an individual item (such as a page of a book, or one of several photographs of the same event).
- Period definition — usually an attempt to date the photo or document.
- A document type — photograph, letter etc.
- One or more options from a series of categories — these can be added to or changed as time goes by, and they are designed to give users the best chance of isolating whatever records they are trying to find as easily as possible.
- Descriptive and historical details about the record, which can be added or extended with information received from users. This includes names of individuals within photographs.
- A note of where the document is and/or who owns it.